Sunday, April 23, 2017

ARC Review||| Blood Rose Rebellion by: Rosalyn Eves




*Thank you to the publisher/Netgalley for providing me with and ARC in exchange for my honest thoughts.

Good morning, lovelies! (or good afternoon depending on when you read this xD) I'm excited to talk about Blood Rose Rebellion with y'all because...
A) MAGIC
B) HUNGARY (!!!!)
and C) ... that's all I got ahaha sorry

Let's start out with some positives, shall we?

   I LOVED the fact that the majority of the book took place in Hungary. My family's Hungarian so it was wonderful to see Hungary be the setting of a YA novel. 
   The overall uniqueness of the story was another huge plus for me. Magic wielding being the main focus of a book isn't anything new. But Eves also incorporates different mythological stories into the book to create something entirely new. 

With that being said, let's get into some of the negatives. 

   Throughout the story I found myself... not caring. I didn't care about the characters or what may or may not happen to them. There were quite a few gruesome/sad scenes at the end of the novel and they didn't pull any emotion from me. (Which is saying a lot because I'm a big book cry baby xD) 
   I wasn't rooting for the romance because I didn't feel like the author really gave me a reason to. (If that makes sense.)
SPEAKING OF ROMANCE...
  The thing going on between Anna and Matyas was just TERRIBLE. Basically, Anna's attracted to Matyas. Nothing wrong with that, right? Except Matyas is HER COUSIN. There are 416 pages in this book and two of those pages contain Anna and Matyas making out. Which, if you ask me, is two pages too many. (I had to get that out of my system since no one else seemed to be talking about it.)

  The downfall of this book, for me, was the character relationships. The book never had me emotionally invested in any of the characters thus I didn't care what became of them. 

Overall, I thought the book was okay. It could have been amazing if the characters were written better. 


"People can be many things, not all of them expected."


Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review|| A Court of Wings and Ruin (and lot's of cringe) by: Sarah J Maas

I don't usually like to review sequels because then the review can't truly be spoiler free (which is a huge bummer). BUT I ha...