Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February|| A Month is Review


It's that time again! 
Wow... February flew by.

One of my goals for this year is to do a monthly wrap-up at the end of each month for reflection purposes. I know I didn't do one last month shhhhh. Since it's a new year, I decided to update the list of things I'll include in these posts. (The changes are pretty small.)

  • Reading Wrap-Up
  • Book Haul (ARCs, e-books, and everything in between)
  • Life-related things I did that month
  • Blog post of the month 

So without further ado....



I didn't have a particularly good reading month *sad face*
I'm focused on reading all of my March/April ARCs at the moment so I didn't have time to get to books that I really wanted to read *more sad faces* 



(I have a full review for Ever the Hunted here if you would like to know my thoughts!)

Ratings:
  • Ever the Hunted: 3 Stars
  • All the Bright Places: 2 Stars
  • Saga Volume One: 5 Stars (I'M SO OBSESSED WITH THE ART)
  • Saga Volume Two: 5 Stars

I didn't really like All the Bright Places at all. But if you're a John Green fan you'll LOVE. 



I received two Amazon gift cards for Christmas and I... went a little crazy with the books xD


I purchased Saga V. 1-3 (I would have bought volume 4 but it's $4 more than the other volumes. What's that about?!)
Anyways... I've already read (and loved!) Volumes one & two of the series so I'm excited to dive into volume 3!


 
I also bought Caraval by: Stephanie Garber (finally) and Frostblood by: Elly Blake! (I bought them for an event which I'll be talking about a little later ☺)



I couldn't resist getting this beauty! City of Saints & Thieves sounds absolutely AMAZING. Read more about it here!


The rest of the books I bought include:

ARCs for review:




I've been slowly starting to visit more and more blogs *cheers* so I actually have a favorite post for this month!

My favorite post is from Amber over at Du Livre! It's a short post but it's part of her First Thoughts feature and I RELATE SO HARD. View her post here. (She's also one of my favorite blog humans just in general so while you're there make sure to look at alllll of her other posts. Alllll of them.)




My month consisted of Books, blogging, and studying (Curse you random tests before finals!)
But I did get the chance to do something fun...
*Drumroll*

I got to meet Stephanie Garber and Elly Blake!

I wish I could be someone who posts pictures of the events afterwards but either I forget to take pictures OR I look super awkward/creepy in pictures. (Usually both haha.)
With that being said, I don't have any pictures to show y'all. But I will say that both ladies were rays of sunshine and I'm so so happy I got to talk to them! (Stephanie and I bonded over our mutual dislike of Chaol. Sorry Chaol fans!)

I also got to see Sarah from The YA Book Traveler! This is the second time I've met her in person and she's an absolute joy. ☺


I think that's about all for this month!
I hope you had an amazing February.

Thank you so much for reading and have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...