Thursday, January 5, 2017

My "Dream crate!"



I was recently told about a fun idea Loot Crate was doing with various fans where the fans could create their own (hypothetical) subscription box! If you're unfamiliar with Loot Crate, they're a subscription crate service that sends out all kinds of pop culture goodies. I'm a huge fan of doing things where I can get creative (which is why I love blogging and bookstagramming) so of course I had to say yes. I had a few ideas but I eventually decided on doing a "Neverland" themed box! I looove Peter Pan so I couldn't help myself.

Below you'll find the box and the objects inside of it (in a list form.) I decided to share the objects in a story kind of style. When reading, picture yourself taking a trip to Neverland ☺
Enjoy!



Background image credits: starswatercolor leaves

Theme: Neverland
I think we can all agree that there’s something… magical about the story of Peter Pan. It’s impossible not to feel like a kid again just indulging in the stories of Neverland.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve always wanted to know what it would be like to visit Neverland.
...But there is one problem. Getting to Neverland is kind of hard. Especially since Peter Pan hasn’t magically shown up... yet. But if he does someday decide to show up I think we’ll need some supplies to help us survive our trip.

Pixie Dust:
You can’t travel to Neverland without Pixie Dust!
Pixie Dust has a tendency to be blown away by the wind if you’re not careful so I’ve included a little cork & bottle necklace to help keep it with you at all times.

Rope:
Adventures are always more fun with friends, right? So make sure to bring a friend with you on your journey. Though, you may notice that it’s hard to fly together without losing each other. I’ve made sure to provide rope so you can tie it around each other's waists during your flight. That way you won’t get lost! (If that makes sense ahaha)

Once you get to Neverland, you’ll need something to drink out of. Instead of fashioning a cup out of nature you should drink out of your very own Peter Pan Mug! (Y’all know how obsessed I am with Evie’s designs.) This particular design is perfect for your Neverland trip.

So… this probably won’t help you in Neverland. BUT it’ll sure be fun to have! The design of the candle is BEAUTIFUL (I’m obsessed!) and if you miss flying through the clouds then this candle will take you right back.

A Compass:
You don’t want to get lost while exploring the island so you’ll need a compass! If you’re clumsy like me, you’ll need the compass to be in a necklace form (much like the Pixie Dust.) You could always navigate using the stars… but a compass seems like more fun.

Short Sword:
You can’t show up to a sword fight without, well, a sword! While you’re in Neverland, you’re bound to come across pirates at one point or another. Don’t worry friend! You’ll also find a short sword for all of your dueling needs inside the box.


You’re probably tired of carrying all of your stuff, right? Well, then let me present you with this Peter Pan backpack! Travel through Neverland in style *wink, wink*

Neverland Read:
Last, but certainly not least, is a book. *Cheers!* If you get bored you can pick up Tiger Lily by: Jodi Lynn Anderson. Tiger Lily takes place before Wendy comes to Neverland (ooooh.) The story is tragic, yet beautiful, and it’s sure to make you fall in love with the girl with the crow feather in her hair….





What is your dream subscription box?

Thank you so so much for reading!
Have a fantastic day!
=D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...