Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August||| A month in review

































Hello, friends! 

It's the last day of the month so you know what time it is. 

Also, where did the summer go?! I'm starting school in less than a week... 

Remember my July review post...



Yeah I didn't get tons of stuff done xD



Excuse me while I'm over here crying because BACK TO SCHOOL.

But in all realness I don't hate school. I just don't like the getting up at five in the morning... and the school work... and the having to actually participate in class.
Okay maybe I don't like school that much haha.


But speaking of school...

This month I participated in band camp since I'm in my school's marching band. (I actually spent 86 hours at band camp *sweats profusely*.) But I won't go into too much detail since I already talked about it in my last post, The balancing act+ a reading update. (Go check that post out if you want to know more :)

I also just got back from Pennsylvania last night! Me and my lovely mom wanted to take a small trip so we went to Laurel Caverns. And GUYS the cave was so pretty!! I'm sad we didn't get to go spelunking there but I'm glad I got the opportunity to tour the caverns nonetheless. 
I did take some pictures but I' not sure they get across how beautiful the cave actually was...


The lowest point of the cavern is 47 stories down from sea level, I believe. 

On the trip to Pennsylvania I found a place that sold books pretty much immediately because #priorities amiright?

These books that this place sold were pretty much brand new and they were so cheap. SO. CHEAP. As in I found a brand new hardcover of The Bane Chronicles for $1.99. 
I couldn't resist the deals and I may or may not have gotten a book or two... or four.


<a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/watercolor-feathers--leafs-and-branches_825849.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>
The feather's origin: Designed by Freepik



I 100% felt the need to include the clock and the HP shirt because... reasons.

(I got the shirt and the clock from Kohl's... last week, I believe. The clock being a prop for Instagram a way to ensure I get up on school morning's.)

All the book's I got this month were bargain deals. (I couldn't help myself.)


Actually me when I find bargain deals online

Books pictured include:

~Across the Universe by: Beth Revis
~Shadow Kiss by: Richelle Mead
~Out of the Easy by: Ruta Sepetys
~Black City by: Elizabeth Richards
~Night Film by: Marisha Pessl

Side note: Is it just me or do you not hate the new Vampire Academy covers? I like how they're more simplistic than the original's (and they're also slightly less cringe-worthy.)

Feather's origin: http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/watercolor-feathers--leafs-and-branches_825849.htm

Because of the two weeks of band camp I wasn't feeling very motivated to post this month. I got up a total of five posts, not including this one.










I read very little blog posts this month, since I was so busy. But I did just read a post from Cait @ Paperfury and it was hilarious and so so relatable, as always. 

"10 (TOTALLY LEGIT, TRUST ME NOW) REQUIREMENTS OF BEING A #BOOKBLOGGER"


If you haven't already read the post then I highly suggest that you go do that!


Branches origin:  http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/watercolor-feathers--leafs-and-branches_825849.htm

This month I wasn't very active on Twitter *cry* but I was pretty active on Instagram!

I was working on brightening my feed up, this month. My pictures are still a little more washed out when it comes to color but they aren't AS dull anymore.



I also entered into a crap ton of rep searches this month (and didn't become a rep for anyone xD) But it's okay. You'll never know if you don't try, right? 



This month I only read 3 books. But I enjoyed all three of them so at least I have that!

I read:

Torn by: Jennifer L. Armentrout aka Queen JLA

Stone Cold Touch (also by Queen JLA)

The Sleeper and the Spindle  by: Neil Gaiman & Chris Riddell

I have rating's and mini-review's for all three of these books up on my Goodreads!



If you made it to the end of this post then I bestow upon you an endless supply of cookies!






Did you get lot's read this month?
Are you going back to school or are you already back to school?

Thanks for reading and have an amazing day!
=D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review|| A Court of Wings and Ruin (and lot's of cringe) by: Sarah J Maas

I don't usually like to review sequels because then the review can't truly be spoiler free (which is a huge bummer). BUT I ha...