Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish


This week is freebie week and I honestly had no idea what to do. Most topics are already on the planned/ have already been done list and I felt like I needed to do something unique, something I could write about from personal experience (nothing too deep where is this all coming from...?)
Anyways...
I decided to go with a topic near and dear to my heart, something I can all too easily admit to doing: Procrastinating.
Well, something that has to do with procrastination.

Top Ten Reasons Why I May Avoid Reading at Any Given Time
(I'm looking at you Tumblr)





1. Tumblr

I think we've all been down that hole where you're just casually browsing the internet and then it turns into browsing Tumblr and then you get lost in the aesthetic-ness of other people's lives.

Me: "What do you mean I'm not avoiding books! I'm so invested in books that I've been looking at pictures of them for a whole 5 hours now!"


2. Too ominous looking

I often find myself being intimidated at the thought of reading. It may sound ridiculous but when I have to do a thousand other things in the course of a few hours the last thing on my mind is forcing myself to read.


3. Netflix

We're all very familiar with Netflix aka the destroyer of my life. You may find yourself watching a show.
"I'll only watch an episode," you say.
2 days later....




4. ... but wait what about...

Basically: Procrastination plain and simple. I'll tell myself I need to do something more important when in reality... I don't. 


5. School (aka 7 1/2 hours of torture)

Everything about school is stressful for me. I try to avoid doing the HW for as long as humanly possible... but then later decide I make horrible life decisions and I probably should have started the work before, I don't know, 9 PM. I struggle with this on the daily and it kind of sucks... a lot. Reading just becomes a chore after I've spent time on an assignment.




6. The apocalypse is upon us

What? Maybe it could happen...


7. Twitter

I want to talk to all the other book peoples but then I forget how hard it is to talk to book people about books if I haven't read any books lately. Wow that's a lot of books.


8. Pinterest

I've been OBSESSED finding fantasy related pins to add to my WIP. (Okay there is no WIP but maybe in the future.) I'll also admit that I spent hours making a 12-picture Blackhearts pin board. But you know what... worth it.







Surprise! I only have 8 on the list today. 
(this is a good thing... I think.)

Do you procrastinate when it comes to reading?
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!
=D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review|| A Court of Wings and Ruin (and lot's of cringe) by: Sarah J Maas

I don't usually like to review sequels because then the review can't truly be spoiler free (which is a huge bummer). BUT I ha...