Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 ||| Blog-y and book-ish New Years Resolutions



Hello, everyone! Welcome to the 2nd day of me trying to post constantly. (Spoiler alert that's one of my goals.) Since this is the start of my first full year of blogging I thought I would set some goals for 2016. Some of these are fairly loose goals while others are more, "Faith you need to just do it" type goals. So without further ado let's get into it!




Goal #1:

I'd like to read a total of 85 books. Okay, okay, I only read 49 books last year but this year I plan on really stepping up my game. Especially with all the upcoming 2016 releases.


Goal #2:

I'd like to prioritize reading. In 2015, I really struggled with this. After doing homework I felt like reading was more of a chore instead of a leisurely activity. But this year I'm determined to put aside time to read every day.



Goal #3:

I want to read more diversely. I read mostly fantasy in 2015, I read 1 contemporary book. This year I'd really like to read more genres that aren't just fantasy. (Of course I'll need to push myself a little bit so I can actually complete this goal...)





Goal #1:

I want to post more frequently. In the past there have been some weeks where the only thing I have up is my TTT post, which isn't the only content I want to be sharing with you guys. I'm not sure if I can post everyday, since that's so time consuming, but I will try to post at least 3 times a week.


Goal #2:

I want to get better about promoting posts through Tweetdeck. I discovered Tweetdeck towards the end of last year and I haven't really utilized it. Hopefully I can do that this year.


Goal #3:

I would like to double my average views. I get about 40-ish views every post, which is a lot less than I'd like. By the end of this year I'd like to get an average of 100 views per post (okay that's more than double but it would still be great :)


Goal #4:

I'd like to schedule posts. I'm now starting to realize that you can't plan all your posts out, which includes some reviews. But for the most part I'd like to have my memes that I'm participating in written up early, as well as other posts I write as the year progresses.



I know this isn't a lifestyle oriented blog but I thought that maybe if I shared some of my more personal goals then I would be more motivated to stick with them.


  • Drink more water (like a LOT more)
  • Eat healthier
  • go outside more often (yes I struggle with this)
  • Procrastinate less (maybe it'll happen by some miracle?)
  • Spend less time on electronics (*cough* GO OUTSIDE)


I struggle with doing normal things sometimes. Normal things like drinking water, which I am absolutely horrible at doing xD


I'd love to know what some of your 2016 goals are! Feel free to tell me in the comments :)



Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!
:D




P.s the banner used is from google, I edited the words onto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...