Monday, November 23, 2015

Movie Review||| Mockingjay Part 2: ALL DA FEELS

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Movie info:

Mockingjay Part 2 is the final movie in the Hunger Games franchise; Based off the NYT bestselling series by Suzanne Collins.

Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss Everdeen

Josh Hutcherson is Peeta Mellark

Liam Hemsworth is Gale Hawthorne

As the war of Panem escalates to the destruction of other districts by the Capitol, Katniss Everdeen, the reluctant leader of the rebellion, must bring together an army against President Snow, while all she holds dear hangs in the balance.
.....................................

*MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS*

Being the fangirl I am I was dying to see Mockingjay Part 2 on Thursday night; Let's be honest I wanted to be at that premier with the cast because that would be the dream. However, I finally got to see the movie today (Monday the 23rd) and ASDFGHJKL.
So let's start from the beginning... like the VERY beginning *transports to 2011*
I remember reading the books when I was fairly young and just DEVOURING them. (Fun Fact: THG was my very first fandom) Then in 2012 the first movie came out and I went and saw it and I loved it and it was the best thing ever. Then Catching Fire came out and that was the bomb dot com. Mockingjay Part 1 definitely wasn't my favorite but it was still pretty fantastic. 

Mockingjay Part 2.

Was.

Amazing.

It may be one of my new favorites. 
The tagline is "Nothing can prepare you for the end" and it's extremely true. I read the books and I knew what was going to happen and I knew what deaths were going to occur. But nothing could have prepared me for how it would visually go down. 

The movie starts where Mockingjay Part 1 ends with Katniss taking off her neck brace in District 13. She wants to talk to Peeta etc. The action really kicks off when she decides to "go rouge" and join the front lines so she can fight in the war. If you've read the book then you know that nothing good happens from then on. Katniss, Peeta, Gale, and the rest of the people in the squadron encounter endless traps, all gruesome and unforgiving. 
The traps that specifically stood out were the black liquid (oil? tar? acid?) and the specifically traumatizing scene with the mutts in the sewers. I knew they were coming but it still scared the crap out of me. They also weren't what I envisioned in my mind. Where as in the first movie they were dogs in this movie they were slimy swamp creatures that had rows of sharp teeth, moved extremely fast, and didn't seem to be affected by fire. 

Was not expecting this. IT IS TERRIFYING.
Oh did I mention that they're completely cannabalistic? BECAUSE THEY ARE. I started sobbing and hyperventilating when Finnick died (I screamed out loud like a lunatic.)
Of course there was another traumatic death that I think we all were scared of. Prim... and the POW POW EXPLOSION. I started sobbing when the children were killed but then to see Prim look at Katniss a final time and to see it on screen was too much. I started sobbing uncontrollably because it was just so sad. Just thinking about the scene as I'm typing this is making me super sad *tear*
But moving away from the inevitable tragic deaths......

The set was absolutely stunning; I could not have pictured the Hunger Games world any other way. The graphics and special effects were amazing as well (actually they were pretty mind-blowing.) The actors were amazing and the perfect people to play the characters. Everything about this movie was mind-blowing and chilling and UGH so good!

Though there was a ton of death and I was super upset, the ending was strangely satisfying. The epilogue really did it for me and I think the franchise was ended perfectly.



Aftermath:I was completely in-denial after the movie ended so me and my friend stayed in the theater for an extra 5 minutes wishing that this wasn't the end. (We even learned who the directors driver was.) But eventually we left the theatre :)



In the end I can't give this movie anything less than 5 stars. If you're hesitant because you've read the book and you don't think the movie will even compare then just go see it! I really loved it and I truly believed it will give you some closure.


Thank you for reading!
Have a wonderful day 
:D 


P.s the movie poster and the mutt picture are from Google and I claim no rights to the image used.

2 comments:

  1. IM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS. In all honesty, I love the HG movies more than the books so I have no doubt that I'll love this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy with the mutts. Let's be honest, dogs can't even compare to those creepy things!

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...