Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


      This is my second week back at school and I'm already being completely lazy. I lack motivation sometimes which sucks. On a less negative note I have to write a story by Friday which is great because I love writing but also not so great because I always tend to want to write a full on novel. 
Anyways, on to the post!
Todays Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie so I decided to go with:

Top Ten Under-hyped books

Not the most original topic but I know I haven't done it yet so lets get into it!


1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by: Rae Carson

This trilogy is absolutely fantastic! TGOFAT is a fantasy that follows a girl who isn't completely comfortable with her body as she goes on an epic adventure. What really makes this book special is that it's diverse and not many YA fantasies are these days. It's extremely underrated and you should definitely go pick it up! :)


2. Through the Woods by: Emily Carroll

I haven't seen too many people with this graphic novel so I felt the need to mention it. Through the Woods is a graphic novel that is creep-tastically amazing. The artwork is stunning and the stories are perfect for Halloween/October, if you're looking for a creepy book to read around that time. ;) 


3. The Something Strange and Deadly trilogy by: Susan Dennard

I may be a little biased because I think that Sooz is amazing but believe me when I say you should read this trilogy. I have yet to read the final book, what am I waiting for?!?!?!, but so far so good. You've probably heard of Truthwitch but don't forget to give this trilogy a little love. ;)


4. Tiger lily by: Jodi Lynn Anderson

You guys' have to read this book. For those of you who don't know this is a Peter Pan retelling that takes place before Wendy comes to Neverland. I absolutely adore this book. In a strange twist of events, it actually made me really dislike Wendy which is kind of crazy. You should definitely experience for yourself :)


5. Born of Illusion by: Teri Brown

Chances are you've never heard of this book. Born of Illusion follows the daughter, Anna, of the famous magician, Houdini, in a 1920's setting. Anna's mother is an medium, or so she claims. Her mothers powers are actually a complete sham however Annas aren't. There's a lot of crap that goes down and a swoon-worthy guy *waggles eyebrows*. So what I'm saying is you should read it.


6. Don't Look Back by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

HOLA AT JLA! I adore Jennifer L. Armentrout and I know a LOT of other people do too. However, I feel like she's mostly known for The Lux series, which is fabulous don't get me wrong. But I read DLB back in July and fell in love with it. It's so different from any of her other books. Just so good! Where as in most of her other YA novels she focuses on her to-die-for guys and the romance, in this book she really focused on the thriller/mystery aspect. Of course there was a romance though ;) If you've hesitated on picking up JLA because she writes romance then don't let that keep you from reading this book. It kinda blew my mind.


7. Sold by: Patricia McCormick

This isn't my typical read, because it's written in verse and it covers a harder subject, but man was it good! It's an extremely quick read and won't take up much of your time at all so pick it up! (It's a real eye-opener ;)


8. The White Rabbit Chronicles by: Gena Showalter

Badass zombie slayers? Check. An extremely swoon worthy guy? Check. Romance? hehehehehehe. A Sassy best friend? Check. Read it folks! Then you should come and fangirl with me because I'm all alone in my TWRC bubble over here. 


9. Downcast by: Cait Reynolds

I received an arc of this book from Netgalley back in April? May? I'm not sure but I read it not knowing what it was about, I was in my "I should request anything and everything" phase, and I absolutely loved it! It's a retelling of the Hades/persephone myth but it follows a completely normal girl with an overprotective mother. If you decide to pick it up, which you totally should, then don't expect big things from the plot-twist because the twist is pretty much non-existent. Just read it and then you can form an opinion of your own :)


10. Fall Out Girl by: L. Duarte

FOG is the only new adult book on this list but I couldn't not add it. I read FOG back in April? maybe  and I remember thoroughly enjoying it. It deals with some harder concepts, (ex.) drugs, abusive relationships, etc, but if you're feeling up for that type of read definitely give it a shot! Such an amazing book that not many have heard of.



Have you read any of these books?
Any you might be thinking of picking up soon? hmmmmm?

Thanks so much for reading and have a wonderful day!



12 comments:

  1. The Girl of Fire and Thorns forever. I can't believe how many people haven't heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's awesome and Walk on Earth a Stranger by: Rae Carson is on a lot of peoples tbr so I'm surprised they haven't discovered the series...

      Delete
  2. JLA is one of my favorite authors, I've read almost everything she's written, including her the books under J. Lynn.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree about Don't Look Back. I'm surprised more people haven't read that book with the popularity of her other series. The Girl of Fire and Thorns, and Tiger Lily are both on my TBR. I've heard only good things from the people that have read those two books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for a list and good picks! Girl of Fire and Thorns is in my tbr pile and I'm already so excited for Truthwitch. I haven't read Something Strange and Deadly though, I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I've read 4 of these, but zomg I really want to read the White Rabbit Chronicles because ALICE IN WONDERLAND IS MY LIFE. *nods* I love the original so much I just want to read all the retellings. ;) And The Girl of Fire and Thorns was like a random pick-off-the-shelf read for me and I absolutely loved it and want to finish that series asap.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tigerlily is the BEST. Definitely one of my favorites. The Girl of Fire and Thorns is a series I have heard nothing but great things about but still haven't read-need to change that ASAP. he Something Strange and Deadly has been on my TBR list forever, good to know the series is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of the Something Strange & Deadly series as well as The Girl of Fire & Thorns and Tiger Lily - all of which are on my tbr :D it's nice to know you loved them! Great list

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/announcement-etsy-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about starting The Girl of Fire & Thorns but I haven't heard too much about it. I've also read the Lux series but I saw that Jennifer L. Armentrout had so many other books that I wanted to check out. I will check out Don't Look Back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Tiger Lily definitely needs more love, as does Rae Carson. I've decided that she's just a flawless human being.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! I loved A Girl of Fire and Thorns - I got it free on Amazon forever ago and can't believe it hasn't taken off, such a good series.

    Something Strange and Deadly and Born of Illusion are on my TBR list.

    Great TTT!


    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can absolutely vouch for Tiger Lily. It's been a while since I've read it, but it was such a cute story! And a little sad too, if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...