Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Brooke and the Bookish


     Hello lovely people of the internet! As you may have noticed, I didn't do last weeks TTT. That's because I didn't quite understand it xD However I do understand todays topic and that is:
Ten characters you just didn't click with

Also please note that just because I don't "click" with a character doesn't mean that you didn't click with them. With that being said please don't be offended if I mention your favorite character!


1) Eadlyn from The Heir by: Kiera Cass

Saying I didn't click with Eadlyn is the understatement of the century. I liked nothing about Eadlyn. She was such a brat to everyone and she liked to throw tantrums like a freaking 2 year old. UGH.

2) Chaol Westfall from Throne of Glass by: Sarah J Maas

Please refrain from attacking me for saying this one. Chaol just doesn't do anything for me. I prefer Aelin over anyone else in that series ;) I also quickly have to mention that QOS IS OUT TODAY IM NOT READY HOLY CRAP. 

Let's continue...


WHK is my current read (but it won't be when I post this since I'm typing this in advance)
and I'm almost finished with it and I still don't really like Layla. I'm sure that she's a great person but I find myself being annoyed with her 80% of the time. Just, no. We don't click.


At least I think Andrew is his name xD If you've read these books then you'll understand why. Andrew is a douche canoe and there really wasn't anything redeeming that was introduced about him in these books. I don't usually tend to click with douche canoes...


Nope. Not Kai from Cinder or Scarlet because I liked him just fine. However, Kai from Cress irritated me to no end. He didn't figure the obvious out until the last 4 pages. *screams into pillow* Just no. 


If you would have asked me how I felt about Tris a year and a half ago I would have told you she was the best person ever and that no other YA character could ever compare to her. But I have had time to reflect since then and after I read Allegiant and Insurgent I realized something: We didn't click at all. I wish I could have continued to like her as much as I did in book 1.


Nope. Nope. Nope. Margo stopped clicking with me as soon as she turned into a butt (haha not really) and ran away from people that somehow liked her.


Please put your sharp objects away, thank you. Unlike most people on this list I actually cared for Hazel. She was a person that deserved so much more than she got and I really felt for her. However, we just didn't click. I couldn't really relate to her and at some points I just wanted her to talk normal and less like an Ivy league school graduate. 


Wow it's been forever since I read this trilogy! Anyways, As much as I love THG and how well Katniss' character is written I just didn't click with Katniss. She is always dark and brooding (and very very depressed by the end of the trilogy) and I'm not really like that. Her personality just isn't my cup of tea.

10) All the characters from City of Fallen Angels by: Cassandra Clare

I absolutely adore the TMI series but this book was... UGH. (I had to mention this because I was kind of running out of characters xD) This book was the worst in my opinion. Mainly because it felt like I was reading in an alternate universe. The characters were acting strange and horrible and just no. 



Do you agree with any of my picks?
 What characters did you not click with?
Thank you so much for reading and have a lovely day!
:D



13 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see someone else not clicking with the Mortal instruments characters! And since you commented on my blog about the similar views on Clary, that is not a huge surprise. Still happy to hear that i am not the only one with a problem with the characters from that book series.
    I can also completely understand your feeling about the Hunger Games -i haven't read that series, but the overall think about not liking the main character so much but still enjoying the book series.
    I almost put Tris on my list as well, but the ones that ended up on my list somehow were even less "clickable" to me, lets just pretend that is a word ;)
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting.
      {and you should definitely read The Hunger Games ;) }

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the latest installment to the Selection series, and I don't really want to. The character in question is Annoying and Indecisive's daughter, right?

    Fallen Angels is the most disappointing book in the TMI series. I gave it the lowest rating. It's a 430 page filler/set up for the last two books in the series.

    Also, you aren't alone, I'm not the biggest Chaol fan either. But I'm partial to Rowan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that Eadlyn will go through some character develop but as of right now she's America with the worst, bratty parts of Maxon mixed in.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a painful read. Hope she gets better faster than America did.

      Delete
  3. I had Chaol and Tris on my list today and whilst I didn't have Hazel on my list, I really didn't click with her or Gus when reading TFIOS. Whilst I do like Katniss, I completely understand your reasons for not clicking with her.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/top-ten-tuesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly couldn't finish The Heir because of Eadlyn. She was bad! I completely forgot about her on my list though!
    http://originalbooker.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/top-10-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you didn't like Eadlyn either. Some people like her and that kind of confuses me. *shrugs*

      Delete
  5. Again so much yes to Margo!! Hazel isn't an easy character to click with, so I understand where you're coming from! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH to Margo...
      Thank you for visiting!
      :D

      Delete
  6. I've seen Tris show up a lot today! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tris. Is. Awful. And while Chaol and Hazel didn't make my list, I found him kind of pointless and her hard to relate to. I did really like Katniss, but I can see why she's on so many lists this week.

    Thanks for stopping by @ Spellbound!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't fond of Eadlyn either.
    And I have mixed feelings about Tris

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...