Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Today is September first. Better known as the day we go broke.

Guess what guys?! Today is September first which means I'm going back to school in a week *cry* but it also means that a bunch of amazing books are being released as well. I just thought I needed to dedicate an entire post to this one day because there are so many fabulous new releases I literally can't handle myself.

Warning: By the end of this post you most certainly will be broke.


Let's start off with the obvious:


Queen of Shadows by: Sarah J Maas


Yes folks QoS by the queen comes out TODAY and I think I am staying pretty calm. *rocks in corner while heavily breathing*
GoodreadsTwitterInstagram

"Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.

Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world."




Everything, Everything by: Nicola Yoon


I was lucky enough to receive an arc of Everything, Everything and I am here personally telling you to go pick this one up! You know you want that cover on your shelf...

"This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who’s literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she’s ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.
 "


Vengeance Road by: Erin Bowman

Go. Pick. This. Up. Now.

The cover is gorgeous, the story is fantastic, and KESSE. Read it so we can fangirl about Kesse because UGH they're wonderful.
My ReviewGoodreadsTwitterInstagram

"When Kate Thompson’s father is killed by the notorious Rose Riders for a mysterious journal that reveals the secret location of a gold mine, the eighteen-year-old disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers and justice. What she finds are devious strangers, dust storms, and a pair of brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, she gets closer to the truth about herself and must decide if there's room for love in a heart so full of hate.

In the spirit of True Grit, the cutthroat days of the Wild West come to life for a new generation."


Queen Song by: Victoria Aveyard

Ok I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't the biggest fan of Red Queen however I do think this book will be interesting plus I really enjoy Victoria's writing style. 
AND THAT COVER THOUGH.

"Queen Coriane, first wife of King Tiberias, keeps a secret diary—how else can she ensure that no one at the palace will use her thoughts against her? Coriane recounts her heady courtship with the crown prince, the birth of a new prince, Cal, and the potentially deadly challenges that lay ahead for her in royal life."






Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
by: Jennifer E. Smith


Calling all contemporary lovers!
Awe the cover is so cute I can't even...
GoodreadsInstagramTwitter

"On the night before they leave for college, Clare and Aidan only have one thing left to do: figure out whether they should stay together or break up. Over the course of twelve hours, they'll retrace the steps of their relationship, trying to find something in their past that might help them decide what their future should be. The night will lead them to friends and family, familiar landmarks and unexpected places, hard truths and surprising revelations. But as the clock winds down and morning approaches, so does their inevitable goodbye. The question is, will it be goodbye for now or goodbye forever?


This new must-read novel from Jennifer E. Smith, author of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, explores the difficult choices that must be made when life and love lead in different directions."



The Glowing Night (The Ophan Queen #0.2) 
by: Jodi Meadows


I am legitimately upset that I haven't read a Jodi Meadows book yet. This is the part where I offer cookies to Jodi. *Hands over a ginormous bowl filled with cookies* Did I mention she's awesome?

"Skyvale faces problems worse than anyone realizes. Secrets are building. Enemies are everywhere. Told from the perspective of Tobiah, the crown prince with a dangerous secret, and set two years before the heart-racing action of The Orphan Queen, this 100-page digital novella brings to life one of Jodi Meadows's most beloved characters.

Tobiah Pierce is ready to break free of his princely role—he's sick of the bodyguards that always trail him and is uncertain about the new girl at court, Meredith Corcoran, who his parents keep pushing toward him. When Tobiah's beloved tutor seems to be embroiled in a dangerous situation deep within the city, Tobiah jumps on the opportunity to throw off the royal restrictions and chase after him. But what happens in the narrow alleys and shadowy corners proves he doesn't know anything about the people he cares about—or the city he must one day rule.

The Glowing Knight is the second of four prequel novellas that offer existing fans a deeper insight into a favorite character and the complex city of Skyvale, while new readers will find a stunning introduction to this rich world and the heart-pounding fantasy of the Orphan Queen series.

Epic Reads Impulse is a digital imprint with new releases the first Tuesday of each month.
 "





Ok I won't get too carried away....
Which of these releases are you most excited for?
Thank you for reading and have a lovely day!



5 comments:

  1. I didn't realize so many new books were being released today, aaah! September in general is gonna be an awesome month for new releases. I think Queen of Shadows and Vengeance Road are the two I'm most excited for!

    Annie @ Indoor Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting QoS as soon as it comes in the mail. I loved Vengeance Road so definitely pick it up as soon as you can :)
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. It is such a great day for book releases!! I love Everything, Everything and Hello, Goodbye. I am looking forward to getting my hands on Vengeance Road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored Vengeance Road! Definitely pick it up as soon as you can.
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...