Friday, September 18, 2015

{Original} The Badlands book tag



    So as some of you may know Halsey's album {Badlands} came out a few weeks ago and can I just say that I'm completely obsessed. If you haven't heard the album then go listen because it's amazing. My favorites from the album include: Castle, Control, Colors, New Americana, and Haunting. But my  ultimate favorite right now is Gasoline. But they're all freaking amazing songs.
The resemblance these songs have to Aelin from ToG is almost scary. Listen and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Anyways...
Today I'm bringing you: "The Badlands book tag" *insert jazz hands*  This is inspired by the 1989 book tag created by Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm.

{Side note: I started this post a little over a week and a half ago and Alexandra had not yet posted her "Ode to Badlands" post. If you haven't checked out her blog yet you should because it's gorgeous and she's wonderful!}



1. Castle

"Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise."

Choose a book that has hype surrounding it that you wish you didn't have to hear about.


I recently discovered that I don't really enjoy John Green that much. TFIOS was published back in 2012 and the movie premiered in 2014 yet people still talk about it like crazy! I'm over TFIOS and all its tumblr worthy quotes. *pushes away*










"I'm headed straight for the castle.
 They wanna make me their queen."

Choose a 2016 release that you think will be "the next big thing."

For me that would be The Crowns Game by Evelyn Skye. There isn't a cover yet, though I'm legitimately dying over here waiting for it. The book is described as "The Crown’s Game is a YA fantasy in which star-crossed lovers battle in a lush, magical version of Imperial Russia."
How freaking amazing does that sound?!?! Plus Evelyn Skye is amazing, just saying. 



2. Hold Me Down

"Throw me in the deep end watch me drown."

What's a book that made you drown in the feels?


Volition has many mixed reviews but for me it was a home run. I broke down and started sobbing at the end of this book because I finally got the deeper meaning. It's definitely not for everyone but it was up my alley.
Read my review here!











3. New Americana

"But he could never love somebody's daughter."

Choose a favorite LGBT character.


So I'm kind of cheating on this one by using a movie character but I couldn't not choose Damien
aka one of my favorite fictional characters EVER.





"We know very well who we are, 
so we hold it down when summer starts."

Choose a character who is deceptive about their identity.


Of course I have to choose one of my recent favorites! Kate is originally deceptive about being a boy, so people will think it's less weird that she's traveling by herself, and it surprisingly holds out for a fairly long time. I highly recommend this book so go check it out! ..... I'll give you cookies! (Cookies not included in purchase)









4. Drive

"All we do is think about the feelings that we hide."

Choose a character that tries to push away their feelings in an attempt to protect themselves or others.


WILL HERONDALE IS LOVE, WILL HERONDALE IS LIFE. But yes. Throughout this entire trilogy Will Herondale keeps everyone distant because he's afraid of hurting them/being hurt by them. Note: I really need to re-read this trilogy because it's AMAZING.









"...would it really kill you if we kissed."

Choose a fictional character that you would kiss if they showed up at your doorstep.


I'm trying not to use repeats but obviously Will Herondale. I guess I could settle for Daemon (from The Lux) or Tamlin or Rhysand after he goes through character development.



5. Hurricane

"And there's a storm you're starting now."

Choose a book/series that grabbed you from the get-go.


This book starts off with our MC bloody and injured on an abandoned road and she has no idea what happened to her. Of course it grabbed me. Plus it's written by JLA so that's a bonus...












"Don't belong to no city don't belong to no man."

Choose one of your favorite strong female leads.



I couldn't give this title to anyone but Celeana. She's one of my all time favorite female leads and I can't even handle all of her badassery. I still need to read QoS though... *sigh* (Priorities Faith! Priorities)










6. Roman Holiday

"We'll be lacing the same shoes that we've worn through."

Choose a concept that has been used many times. (Good or bad)


I'm going to have to go with a classic: Crazy Governments aka the plot line for every dystopian ever. Some are good and some are bad. (Ex. Divergent, Legend, Hunger Games, etc.)




"Keep close, stand tall"

Choose a fandom that you will always stand by despite the hate.


The Shadowhunters fandom for sure. With the TV show and all the press that TMI is currently receiving there has to be some hate. I just block it out and focus on my love for the characters and the world. :)



7. Ghost

"I'm searching for something that I can't reach."

Choose a book/series that missed the mark for you.


I in no way hated Red Queen however it was pretty meh for me. It may have been because of the hype but it also may have been because it didn't seem that original to me. I'm still eagerly anticipating Glass Sword though because how can you not? I'll definitely buy it too because THE COVERS THOUGH.










8. Colors

"You ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece"

Choose a book/series that ripped your heart into a million pieces
but you still love it because it's a literal masterpiece.


This book. I can go back and read the prologue and I will start sobbing like a lunatic. It's been a year since I finished this book and I'm still not over it. I can't read Will or Tessa anywhere or else I'll start tearing up. I may or may not be tearing up right now.











{I absolutely adore Colors part 2 but it doesn't have a lot of words so just go listen to it!}


9. Strange Love

"That's the beauty of a secret, 
you know you're supposed to keep it."

A book/series that you got spoiled for.


Didn't we all?







(Not my favorite book ever but it still hurt at first.)





10. Coming Down

"I'm such a fool to pay this price"

Choose a book that you bought but as soon as you started reading it you regretted the purchase. 


I couldn't even finish this book. What was happening? I'm still not sure.If you like sci-fi then read something else.











11. Haunting 

"...I've been cold since you left."

Choose a book/series that made you numb once you finished it. 


I didn't know what to think after I finished this book. 







Numb? Very.




12. Gasoline

"...saying that you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me."

Choose a book that has a gorgeous cover but you disliked the actual content.


Eadlyn was such a brat! The story would have been 10000 times better if she would've gotten over her "issues."












13. Control

"And all the kids cried out,
"Please stop you're scaring me,"

Choose a book that scared you. (or if you're a wimp and you don't read scary books like yours truly, then choose a book that creeped you out.)


It's been a good two years since I've read this book but I remember the ending creeping me out. Something about being kidnapped in a cemetery? I'm not sure but I'll be picking up the sequel, which I just found out about, soon.











14. Young God

"And I've been sitting at the bottom of the swimming pool
 for a while now"

Choose a book/series that you think needs more recognition.


I will continue to push this series on you guys until you give in and read it. Just do it! Ya know you want to....



15. I Walk the Line

"You've got a way to keep me on your side"

An author that keeps you coming back for more.

Sarah J Maas, Cassandra Clare, and Jennifer L. Armentrout. All are amazing :)



Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!
:D





6 comments:

  1. I recently discovered this album and I have to say I love it too! It has such great songs and I really need to listen to it more. I love that these tags become a thing, like the 1989 tag. They're just fun to do/read. :D

    Absolutely agree with you in regards to TFIOS. Move along, already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Badlands <3 glad I'm not the only one over TFIOS.
      Thanks for commenting!
      :D

      Delete
  2. YES TO ALL OF THESE FAITH! I completely agree 150% with each and every one of your answers.

    I honestly don't understand why people are so obsessed with The Fault in Our Stars and John Green. Sure, it's a good book, but I feel like the hype around it should have died down by now. *shrugs*

    I was a bit meh about The Red Queen as well. Yes, it was entertaining and fun to read, but it just didn't seem very original to me. I'm still curious about the sequel though.

    And ahhh! We Were Liars is incredible and so, so haunting. THAT ENDING THOUGH. *cries*

    Thanks for sharing Faith, and, as always, fabulous post & answers. :)

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Zoe!
      Glad you agree with me
      :D

      Delete
  3. I actually haven't listened to this album (because I've been fasting music for like 6 months :O) but the fasting ends this weekend so I'm definitely gonna listen to this! These lyrics are SO amazingg :D (and I'm totally doing this tag soon!)

    And these answers are so on point! I am dying for The Crown's Game -- I mean, RUSSIA, OMG. And I'm not really a big fan of John Green either. I hated Paper Towns and think TFIOS is not really anything special. Also, yasss, Celaena! She's so badass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CARINA STOP, DROP, AND LISTEN TO BADLANDS.
      Thank you for considering doing the tag <333
      :D

      Delete

Review|| A Court of Wings and Ruin (and lot's of cringe) by: Sarah J Maas

I don't usually like to review sequels because then the review can't truly be spoiler free (which is a huge bummer). BUT I ha...