Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.


        Hello, lovelies! How has everyone been? I haven't been feeling that good today so I've been lounging and considering what book I should feature in today's post. The book I've decided on I'm super happy to talk about because the authors super sweet and the cover is GORGEOUS. What is this book? Well, it's:








"Sonya was born with the rare gift to feel what those around her feel—both physically and emotionally—a gift she’s kept hidden from the empire for seventeen long years. After a reckless mistake wipes out all the other girls with similar abilities, Sonya is hauled off to the palace and forced to serve the emperor as his sovereign Auraseer.

Tasked with sensing the intentions of would-be assassins, Sonya is under constant pressure to protect the emperor. One mistake, one small failure, will cost her own life and the lives of the few people left in the world who still trust her.

But Sonya’s power is untamed and reckless, her feelings easily usurped, and she sometimes can’t decipher when other people’s impulses end and her own begin. In a palace full of warring emotions and looming darkness, Sonya fears that the biggest danger to the empire may be herself.

As she struggles to wrangle her abilities, Sonya seeks refuge in her tenuous alliances with the volatile Emperor Valko and his idealistic younger brother, Anton, the crown prince. But when threats of revolution pit the two brothers against each other, Sonya must choose which brother to trust—and which to betray.

BURNING GLASS is debut author Kathryn Purdie’s stunning tale of dangerous magic, heart-rending romance, and the hard-won courage it takes to let go.
 "



This book sounds SO FREAKING GOOD. I am legitimately counting down the days until March 2016 because I just can't... I'm always a sucker for a book that even mentions assassins and special powers. I can't wait to see how Kathryn Purdie brings this world to life. Did I mention that this is one of my most anticipated reads? Just saying...




Are you excited for Burning Glass?
Thank you for reading and have a great day!




6 comments:

  1. Love the cover of this one! Hope you get it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds exciting! I hadn't heard of it, so thanks for sharing. :)

    -Lauren

    My WOW: http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-mad-about-hatter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just hooked me in! Added this to my TBR shelf on Goodreads. This sounds AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! It sounds pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I'm so excited for this too! I just love the ability she has, so it'll be interesting to see how the author makes use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh this is the first time I'm hearing about this one, but it sounds so good. Her ability sounds so cool. Definitely adding this to my TBR :D

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...