Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine


I'm the type of person who's TBR pile is constantly growing (and don't we know it.) But I had to check Goodreads today to find a book to feature in today's post. But as soon as I got on Goodreads and looked at the "soon to release" list I had a few thoughts that went like this: "HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOT" and "EEEPPPP" 
Today I am presenting y'all with a 2016 release that a LOT of people are super excited about.
What is it? You ask. Well, its none other than...




"Violin prodigy Etta Spencer had big plans for her future, but a tragedy has put her once-bright career at risk. Closely tied to her musical skill, however, is a mysterious power she doesn't even know she has. When her two talents collide during a stressful performance, Etta is drawn back hundreds of years through time.

Etta wakes, confused and terrified, in 1776, in the midst a fierce sea battle. Nicholas Carter, the handsome young prize master of a privateering ship, has been hired to retrieve Etta and deliver her unharmed to the Ironwoods, a powerful family in the Colonies--the very same one that orchestrated her jump back, and one Nicholas himself has ties to. But discovering she can time travel is nothing compared to the shock of discovering the true reason the Ironwoods have ensnared her in their web.

Another traveler has stolen an object of untold value from them, and, if Etta can find it, they will return her to her own time. Out of options, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the mysterious traveler. But as they draw closer to each other and the end of their search, the true nature of the object, and the dangerous game the Ironwoods are playing, comes to light -- threatening to separate her not only from Nicholas, but her path home... forever."
 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


        I haven't read The Darkest Minds by: Alexandra Bracken (though I do own it) but I trust that her writing is great, based off of what people have said. Plus, the synopsis just sounds like straight up awesomeness. I mean, come on, Time Travel?!?!? There aren't very many YA books out about time travel, besides the Ruby Red trilogy, so I am super excited to see where Alexandra goes with the story. 


Completely off topic but have you guys seen Alexandra's puppy. If you haven't then you must because CUTEST THING EVER.




What are you Waiting on Wednesday for?
>>>>>
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!





6 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Darkest Minds yet either (but it's on my list and I'm excited for it!) but this one does sound so good. I'm looking forward to it too!

    Also, yes! Her puppy is soo cute! :D

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover!!! Will definitely add it to my TBR list ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. (:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you and I are one in the same. I also own all of the Darkest Mind novels but I haven't read them xD. I've heard great things about Bracken from my friends and The Darkest Minds and Passenger sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Darkest Minds is so good, one of my favourite series! And I agree, her puppy is the cutest! I can't wait to read this one. Great pick. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love-hate relationship with stories about time travel. I have a feeling this one will fall in the love category. Thank you for sharing and visiting our WOW.

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Darkest Minds is my favorite series! I love it so much. I am dying to get my hands on this book as well!! It's so far away though! :( Also, her puppy is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...