Sunday, June 28, 2015

I'm back! ... and I've been nominated for the Liebster award...


Thank you to Caroline (aka Sunny) from Stardust and Words, Nicola from Nicola Reads YA, and A.M Bradley from Hungover Fiction Lover for nominating me. (I've been reading and loving all of your blogs lately. :)

Rules
  • Link back to the person that nominated you
  • Give 10 random facts about yourself               
  • Answer 10 questions from your nominator
  • Nominate 10 new and obscure bloggers
  • Come up with 10 questions for them to answer
  • Inform your nominees


I only saw the ten random facts on Nicola's blog but I like telling you guys that type stuff so here goes....

Ten Random Facts About Me:

  • I have a dog named Scooby-Doo (Yes, it's a girl and no it's not a Great Dane)
  • I have played the Viola since 4th grade 
  • My favorite color is Turquoise
  • My absolute favorite singer EVER is Florence + The Machine (HER MUSIC IS LIFE)
  • I actually really like rainy days and thunderstorms (though I wouldn't want to live in an area like Washington state.)
  • My first food was Avocado 
  • My taste in books changes lightening quick... and drastically (EX. A few months ago all I wanted were YA Fantasy books in hardcover. Now all I want is YA contemporary books in paperback)
  • I just bought my first POP yesterday (Dancing Groot :)
  • I SUCK at math (at least I think I do)
  • I legitimately can't wait for Truthwitch to be released in 2016 

Ten Questions: (I chose a few from each nominator)

From A.M Bradley:

Question 1:
If you could date one character, who would it be? : Probably Will Herondale... or Tamlin... or Rhysand.... or maybe Akiva. I can't choose!

Question 2:
Do you prefer chain or indie bookstores? : I love indie bookstores but the nearest one that actually has books I'm interested in is probably 1 1/2 hours away. Chain bookstores are A LOT more convenient.

Question 3:
What are your top three favorite books of all time? Why? : Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: It made me cry loads, I fell in love with the characters, I still think about it, I loved the writing, etc. Day of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor: The writing was absolutely exquisite, unique, amazing, all around awesomeness. The characters were also kick butt but still quirky and funny and amazing. I'm saving my third spot for a special book. :)

From Nicola:

Question 4:
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? : I would love to travel to Venice, Italy or  Scotland, France, England, Ireland, like half of the U.K....

Question 5:
What was the last book you bought? : The last book I bought was Why We Broke Up by: Daniel Handler... I think :)

Question 6:
What book are you currently reading? : The Perks of Being a Wallflower {For the first time ever!}

From Caroline (a.k.a Sunny):

Question 7:
What is the number one thing on your bucket list? : Ghost town adventures..... It's a thing
{If you wanna see my full bucket list Click here!}

Question 8:
If you were a writer, what kind of books would you want to write? : Definitely fiction. I already write a tiny little bit. My writing so far includes horror, dystopian, something really random about an apocalypse....

Question 9:
What genre have you just not been able to get into? : Contemporary has always been a struggle to me. I definitely struggle to get into non-fiction stories {not always memoirs but more informational writing} 

Question 10: 
Last book that made you laugh? Last book that made you cry?
Laugh: ACOTAR by: Sarah J Maas {It was probably more of a hysterical laugh :)}  
Cry: Volition by: Lily Paradis {I didn't cry, I hysterically sobbed for a few minutes}


My Ten Questions are:
1. Why did you begin book blogging?
2. What's your biggest turn-off in characters?
3. Preferred reading format? (paperbacks, hardbacks, e-books, etc.)
4. Favorite place to read?
5. If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only bring one book, which book would it be?
6. How many books have you read so far this year?
7. Favorite female antagonist? Favorite male antagonist?
8. Favorite fictional creature?
9. If you could live in any book world for a day, which one would you choose?
10. What author's do you REALLY want to meet?



I'm nominating the following:

1. Nanna: Overflowing Shelf 
2. Kaylie, Christina, Soumya, Alyssa: When the Words End
3. Danna: A Reading Habit
4. Tanya: A Book Paradise
5. Barbara: Banosaur
7. Kassidy: Kassidy Voinche
8. Mariah: Vibin With Books
9. Karleigh: Karleigh Reads
10. Kevin: Tomebound

{Sorry if the people I nominated are not new or obscure enough but I'm trying to nominate people who haven't already been nominated}

Thank you for reading and have a great day! :)


1 comment:

Review|| A Court of Wings and Ruin (and lot's of cringe) by: Sarah J Maas

I don't usually like to review sequels because then the review can't truly be spoiler free (which is a huge bummer). BUT I ha...