Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Brooke and the Bookish


Hi, everyone! I haven't been super blogger lately (and I apologize) but now I'm back and I'll definitely be posting a lot more often. :) I'm excited for this Top Ten Tuesday because I absolutely LOVE summer and one of my favorite summer-time activities is taking a nice trip to the beach!
When I think of summer reads I usually think of contemporaries so they might be popping up quite a bit ;)
So without further ado....

This week's theme for TTT is:
Top Ten books that I plan to have in my beach bag

1. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by: Morgan Matson

When people talk about their all-time favorite contemporary books Morgan Matson usually pops up in there somewhere. I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book and I can't wait to get into it. Plus it looks like the perfect summertime read.
(I actually just got it yesterday so yay!)
I'm so excited I can't even :)













2. To All the Boy's I've loved before by: Jenny Han

I've heard soooooo many people say nothing but amazing things about this one either! Jenny Han seems like such an amazing writer and I definitely can't wait to get into this one either. 
(And the sequel just came out so I need to get crackin')
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)

3. Broken Hearts, Fences, and other things to mend by: Katie Finn (a.k.a Morgan Matson)

I already own this book, except with the old cover, and I'm definitely ready to get to it! Once again, this seems like a good summery read, that's not completely light but also not completely dark/dramatic. Once again this book is written by Morgan Matson and from what I've heard Morgan Matson = Amazebeans.














4. The Secret Diamond Sisters by: Michelle Madow

I got The Secret Diamond Sisters not that long ago on Amazon and I haven't been able to pick it up yet. Hopefully, since 
summer = more free time, I'll finally be able to pick it up. The plot sounds super interesting and I'm hoping there's going to be some good sister moments :)














5. All the Bright Places by: Jennifer Niven

Literally EVERYONE was talking about All the Bright Places when it first came out earlier this year. I need to find out what all the Theodore Finch rage is about. Hopefully I'll get all the feels and fall in love with the characters (even if theres some crying involved :)













6. Don't look Back by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Since I plan to read a lot of lighter contemporaries, I also plan on reading Don't Look Back....and I plan on loving it. Jennifer L. Armentrout has never disappointed and I don't suspect she will in this book either ;) 
(Plus I'm loving this super creepy GIF)














7. Forbidden by: Tabitha Suzuma

This book focuses on a pretty serious subject but I'm interested to see how the author handles the situation. Incest is not something something I read about everyday because... that's not good. But everyone who has given this a chance has usually found it interesting or they've really loved how brave the author was for writing the story....or they've just really enjoyed the book. 
We'll see with this one...












8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by: J.K Rowling

I'm ashamed to say it but I never got past the halfway point in The Order of the Phoenix..... and that was 2 years ago. Maybe this will be the summer when I finally re-read books 1-4, finish book 5, and read books 6 and 7. Hopefully this will be the summer when I can finally say I understand all the Harry Potter references :)














9. Kissed by: Cameron Dokey


No one ever talks about this book but it's been sitting on my shelf for forever and I think it's about time to give it a try. Plus I love fairytale retellings so I think I'll enjoy it. :)















10 . The Book of Ivy by: Amy Engel

I purchased The Book of Ivy fairly recently and it's been getting good reviews so I can't wait to get into it. Plus, the main female lead sounds pretty kick-a** and that's always a plus, right?


















What are your Top Ten books that YOU plan to bring to the beach this summer?
(Summertime reads :)


Hope everyone's having a great day and thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. Yes! Amy & Roger's Epic Detour! I forgot about this one.
    Don't be embarrassed about not finishing Harry Potter. I have only read the first book, and that was YEARS ago. It's nice to hear someone else in the same boat! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...