Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's 24-hour read-a-thon: Hour 24 + One over all update + reflection

End of event meme:

1: Q: Which hour was most daunting for you?
A: Hour 23 because I was barely staying awake :)

2) Q: Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next          year?
A: A Magic Dark and Bright by: Jenny Adams Perinovic.... That's all I can think of off the top of my head...

3) Q: Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the read-a-thon next year?
A: In general, no. But I could improve my personal read-a-thon experience.

4) Q: What do you think worked really well in this year's read-a-thon?
A: The overall atmosphere was amazing :)

5) Q: How many books did you read?
A: Well......I read 1 but didn't finish it (It's sad, I know)

6) Q: What were the names of the books you read?
A: The Archived by: Victoria Schwab .....that's all 

7) Q: Which book did you enjoy most?
A: I know it's a real shocker but, the Archived by: Victoria Schwab

8) Q: Which did you enjoy the least?
A: Well, there's no point in me answering this question...

9) (Question for cheerleaders)

10) Q: How likely are you to participate in the read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
A: I am definitely participating again! (Despite my sucky reading skills) I will definitely sign up as a reader again, too!

........................................................................................................................

One over all update:

Over the entire read-a-thon I read 192 pages of The Archived by: Victoria Schwab. 
I actually only read for 5 hours out of the 24-hour time period I was given. In general, I'm not a particularly fast reader so 192 pages out of 321 wasn't that bad. 
I accidentally fell asleep while reading because it was 4 a.m and I could barely focus on what I was reading...
I'm definitely going to finish The Archived today because I'm enjoying it. 

.........................................................................................................................

Personal Reflection:

Like I said above, I'll definitely be participating in October. During the periods of time where I was reading I had a blast! 
I definitely should have listened to other readers, bloggers, etc. about reading shorter books. I thought that the 300 page mark was short but I think I definitely would have done better if I would have chosen graphic novels and books around the 100-200 page mark. 
I also plan to dedicate a lot more time to the next read-a-thon. like I mentioned before, I only read about 5-hours out of the 24-hours which definitely wasn't enough time to accomplish anything.

Commet below if you plan to participate again. If so, tell me what you think you need to work on. Hope to see everyone again in October!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...