Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Bane Chronicles Book review!!!!!! *Spoiler free*

Spoiler free review for:

The Bane Chronicles by: Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson



Overall Rating:

4/5

I wanna recommend this book to anyone who has read the Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices but craves more of the world during the rigorous wait for Lady Midnight.
This book follows Magnus Bane, everyones favorite Warlock, and his adventures throughout the centuries. 
Overall this book was fun and extremely witty. I laughed at awkward/ funny moments in Magnus' life but also cried because I feel as though this book really emphasizes how short life is and how living forever can be painful when you know everyone you come to love will eventually die. This book really showed who Magnus was as a person and for that he is now one of my favorite characters.

Individual story ratings:

What really Happened in Peru: 3.5/5
*I loved how this story let Magnus' personality shine through (like the rest of the stories do) but I felt like there wasn't much happening.
The Runaway Queen:3.5/5
*My thoughts are: I wish I could've seen Marie Antoinette pushed into a hot air balloon....Gotta love secret history!
Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale: 4/5
*seing a political side of the downworlders and shadow hunters gave better insight on their world.
The Midnight Heir: 4.5/5
*James Herondale, Will Herondale, Tessa, Jem, oh my!!!
The Rise of the Hotel Dumort: 3.5/5
*....so thats why its called Dumort....
Saving Raphael Santiago: 4/5
*It was interesting to see Raphael and Magnus' history. I better appreciate Raphael now as a character.
The Fall of the Hotel Dumort: 3.5/5
*The idea that vampires could be addicted to drugs was...interesting
What to Buy the Shadowhunter who Has Everything
        (And Who You're Not Officially Dating Anyway):4.5/5
*Seeing how much Magnus appreciates Alec was kind of adorable.
The Last stand of the New York Institute: 4/5
*This story helped give me  better understanding of what went down with Valentine/ "the incident"
The course of True Love (And First Dates) 5/5
*This story had me laughing so hard. Maybe it was because of the butt song:)
The Voicemail of Magnus Bane 5/5
*These voice mails were incredibly funny. I would say Isabelle was the highlight of them all:)












1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this was so totally true! I had the same reactions to each story!

    ReplyDelete

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to (toss a book across the room and never look at it again aka) NOT read a book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovelies over at  The Broke and the Bookish Welcome back to another Top Ten Tuesday ...